Your privacy and trust are a top priority for us. This statement describes how Life & Science Publishing (referred to below as “LSP”, “company”, “our”, “we”, and “us”) protect, collect, handle and store personal information about you or your company within the framework of our Services. This statement also provides information about your rights, consent and how to contact us if you have any questions about the handling of your information.
The information listed below applies to individuals, downlines and companies who use our website, applications, products, software or services.
Depending on the service or products chosen by the customer, additional or different privacy notices and statements may be provided. This is to highlight how personal information will be used in a specific context. For example: a separate notice will be given for particular data collected through a mobile app that may be different from information collected through a computer. We will make it very clear which statements apply to each service and/or storage.
Links from third party websites, events, rallies or applications may have directed you to our website. We are not responsible for the privacy compliance or content of third party applications, software, events or websites. You should check the third party websites, applications and software for their unique privacy statements and what terms apply to them.
Children’s Privacy: Our services and data storage are geared towards professionals and companies and not aimed at children.
Who is Life & Science Publishing?
LSP is a publishing house that promotes health and wellness through our catalog of books, products and software. Based on Young living Essential oils, our books and products help customers grow their knowledge and become well-versed in the art of oils.
Sources of Personal Information?
Life & Science Publishing is both a controller and processor of information. This means for some information we decide how to use personal information in the context of a service we provide. In other cases we use the personal information as instructed by the licensor/licensee of products becoming a processor.
The data we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve our services to better assist you. We collect personal information about you from your interactions with us and from certain third parties and other sources (such as when the head of a downline provides access to our services or products for their downline, events, rallies, from Young Living and from publicly available sources where permissible).
We obtain personal information from you through:
- Your interactions with us and our Services, such as, when you purchase or use our Services, register for an event, request information or call us for support (please note that we may record or monitor our telephone calls for quality assurance and quality purposes). Typical information we store about you includes; name, postal address, shipping address, tax ID, credit card number, email address, bank account number (if supplied), telephone and fax numbers, etc.
- Your system/device and use of our Services. Our servers, logs and other technologies automatically collect system/device and usage information to help us administer, protect and improve our Services, analyze usage and improve users’ experience.
- Cookies and similar technologies included on our Services. We obtain certain types of information when your web browser contacts Life & Science Publishings’ website. We store this information in small data repositories called “cookies.” The data stored in cookies enable LSP's systems to recognize your browser and to provide features customized to you. The information we store in cookies does not include personal information.
We also may collect personal information about you from third parties such as:
- The person(s) or business arranging for you to access our Services (e.g. downlines or Young Living) in order to set up a user account.
- Event Co-coordinators and Managers in order to give you event pricing.
- An Organization you belong to that provides you access to our Services (downlines or Young Living).
What Types of Personal Information Do We Collect?
The type of personal information collected depends on the Service you are purchasing as well as your interactions with us. You can always choose not to provide us with personal information. If you do not provide certain personal information you may not be able to take advantage of the full use of our Services.
We typically collect the following types of personal information:
- Your first and last name
- Contact Data (email address, postal address and phone number)
- Account Data (username, passwords and authentication data)
- User content (software, technology, files and communications provided by your in relation to your using of our Services).
- Payment information (credit card, debit card, security code)
- Device information (IP address, location and provider)
- Browsing History (how you navigate our Services and website)
How Will the Data Be Used?
We use personal information to provide and improve Services and for other purposes that are in our legitimate interests, as well as for compliance purposes. Personal information about you is processed when:
- It is necessary for performance of a LSP contract. In this case personal information is processed to provide you with our services and products.
- You give us your consent. If we need information that requires your consent we will collect it separately and make it clear we are asking for your consent.
- In our or a third parties’ legitimate interests. We are contractually obligated to give certain information in the performance of securing/shipping your products and providing access to a downline.
- It is for a legal obligation or compliance. Such as responding to a court order.
You are welcome to contact us to clarify our interests for processing and collecting your data or for further information.
Who Will the Data Be Shared With?
Life & Science Publishing does not sell or share information to outside sources. Your information will only be shared with the parties you enter a contract with in order to provide our services and products. Your personal information will stay with Life & Science Publishing, your business partners, Young Living and third party service providers. Third parties include those who deliver services or act on our behalf, law enforcement or agencies, parties participating in Escrow services and parties who protect our rights and systems (legal counsel and information security professionals). Third party service providers are never allowed to share or use personal information made available to them for any purpose other than to provide services for us.
What Security Measures Do We Use to Protect Your Data?
We pride ourselves on providing high levels of security for your personal data. Our information security procedures and policies align with international standards and are reviewed regularly in order to meet the sensitivity nature of the personal information, products and services we handle. All security measures are commercially reasonable and in compliance.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
Credit Card Numbers
We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. We do not store credit card numbers on our system.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Ownership of Information: Life & Science Publishing is the sole owner of the information collected on mylsp.com. Life & Science Publishing collects personally identifiable information from our users at several different points on our website.
If you purchase a product or service from us, we request certain personally identifiable information from you on our order form. You must provide contact information (such as name, email, and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date, etc). We use this information for billing purposes and to fulfill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you. We will also send you a confirmation of your order once it is complete.
How Long Do We Keep Data?
Our data retention schedule for personal information is based on the following criteria:
- Length of time necessary to fulfill the contract between LSP and the customer.
- Length of time necessary to fulfill our business obligations in order to demonstrate we have fulfilled our obligations.
- When the customer or downline ceases to use our Services.
- Retention periods prescribed by the law or recommended by professionals.
- Any limitation periods defined in a contract.
- Length of time necessary to fulfill the purpose the information was collected for.
Information on Our Products and Services
Books: we offer numerous books on various topics in the fields of animal care, aromatherapy, aroma series, children babies and pregnancy, essential oil reference guides, foreign languages, home and recipe, marketing, motivational, massage, raindrop, ningxia wolfberry, personal health or fitness, personal skin care, product tear pads, training tools and women’s health.
Lifestyle Products: these are products that can be used in everyday life or around the home. Some of the products include: carrying cases, aromatherapy jewelry apparel, oil accessories, personal care, animal products and products geared towards the home and living.
Containers: we carry many containers for the storage of creams, lotions, oils and sprays. The containers can be glass bottles, glass containers, individual bottle parts, dispensing tools, natural cosmetic containers, plastic containers, roll-on bottles, sample containers, travel size containers and water bottles.
Diffusers: we offer different models of diffusers in order to disperse oils and scents into the air. We offer diffusers for personal, home, travel, ultrasonic, and children.
Media: we offer app’s, eBooks, MP3 recordings, DVD’s and CD’s for educational and instructional use.
Events: through our website people may register their Young Living and/or Essential Oil Events they would like us to attend. Information collected from event registration includes: event name, sponsor’s name, email, phone number, start dates, end dates, hours available to sell, corporate or distributor, venue name, city, state, country, estimated attendance, event coordinators name, coordinators phone number, coordinators email, event setup date, time, registered attendees and other information the registrant thinks we need to know.
Your Rights and Consent.
LSP complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of Europe as well as other privacy laws in the United States. These laws give you the right to request, restrict, rectify and erase your personal information. Under these laws, your affirmative consent is necessary for the collection and processing of your data. The following is a list of rights you have under the GDPR:
- Subject Access Request: You have the right to ask us to confirm what personal data we hold in relation to you. We will provide you with the information requested within one month free of charge.
- Data portability: You have a right, in certain circumstances, to be given a copy of your personal data in a machine readable format to facilitate a transfer of the data to another organization.
- Right to be forgotten: You have the general right to have your data erased. The right is restrictive and gives right to erasure when the data is: Out of date, and processed on the basis of consent which has since been withdrawn.
- Right to Rectification: You have a right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: You have the right to have personal information about you used only for restricted purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing and storage of your personal information at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal information prior to your withdrawal.
Your consent must be freely given, specific, informed, and unambiguous in order to comply with legal standards. Your statements or clear affirmative action signifies your agreement to the processing of your personal and business data.
The above mentioned rights are not absolute and do not apply in every situation.
In the unlikely event Life & Science Publishing learns of a suspected or actual personal data breach, IT Security will perform an internal investigation and take appropriate remedial measures in a timely manner, according to the Data Breach Policy. Where there is any risk to the rights and freedoms of data subjects, Life & Science Publishing will notify the relevant data protection authorities without undue delay and, when possible, within 72 hours.
How to Contact Us.
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions in relation to your data protection, software protection, technology protection, this Statement, or any other concerns about the way in which we process information about you, please contact us:
Email: [email protected]
Address: Life & Science Publishing, 520 S 850 E, Unit C6, Lehi, UT 84043